Information on the November 3, 2020 Consolidated Election for PHCD Board of Directors
The following offices are open for election and will be consolidated with the county general election ballot on November 3, 2020:
Three (3) Directors, each serving a four-year term
Interested persons who are registered voters residing within the Petaluma Health Care District boundaries who have not been convicted of a felony may obtain forms and information on candidate filing at sonomacounty.ca.gov/CRA/Registrar-of-Voters/Candidate-Filing. Payment of a deposit toward the publication cost for a Statement of Qualifications for the Voter Guide must be made prior to filing. Due to COVID-19, applications can be accessed and filed electronically. Candidates must file with the Sonoma county Registrar of Voters during the established filing period (July 13 – August 7). If one of the incumbent directors does not file for re-election, the deadline will be extended to August 12.
Due to COVID-19, applications can be accessed and filed electronically. Beginning July 13th, candidates may e-mail their filing documents for review to the Registrar of Voters Office at ROV-Candidate@sonoma-county.org.
- Email subject line should be the document name-candidate last name (ex. 470-Marchbanks)
- Do not email the Code of Fair Campaign Practices or blank instruction pages
Forms and additional information on candidate filing are available at sonomacounty.ca.gov/CRA/Registrar-of-Voters/Candidate-Filing
The Registrar of Voters office will not review documents for accuracy; they will only verify that the documents are complete. Once candidates receive an email notifying them that their forms are complete, they can make an appointment with the Registrar of Voters Office to take their oath either in the office or via online video conference by calling 707-565-6800.
Registrar of Voters Office | 435 Fiscal Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 | Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Contact Kamari Marchbanks, Election Specialist, Sonoma County Elections Office, at Kamari.Marchbanks@sonoma-county.org or call
The following details are offered for anyone interested in serving on the PHCD:
1. The Petaluma Health Care District has a five-member Board of Directors. Members must run for election and are elected by the residents of the District.
2. The term once elected is for four years and there is no limit to the number of terms.
3. Prospective Board members must be at least 18 years of age and must be District residents.
4. Board members are not to be absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings, or from three (3) of any five (5) consecutive meetings.
5. Board members are expected to participate on Board Committees and Ad Hoc Committee meetings, as assigned by Board President.
For additional information, please contact the Petaluma Health Care District office at 707-285-2143 ext. 130 or email Gina Studebaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.